Coop vs AI
From Populous Wiki
This is a guide on how to play COOP vs AI, using the matchmaker. It is also possible to play using direct IP.
Coop vs AI
Coop vs AI is a multiplayer Beta cooperative mode, where up to 4 players team up against AI (artificial intelligence ~ scripted tribes). So far, only 1 Coop vs AI map pack has been created ( War of the Gods ), which is meant to be played as blue + red tribes (humans) vs the other tribes (computer players), in a campaign-like system (spell and buildings progression). It is a multiplayer campaign for 2 humans.
However, the Beta COOP allows anyone to create levels/campaigns for any number of humans, up to 7 (there always must be at least 1 AI, else it's not COOP vs AI).
How to host COOP vs AI
- The first step is to enable the Beta version of Populous. Read a guide here.
- The second step is to host a hut.
- The third step is to go to MODS, and select a Coop vs AI test map or map pack (War of the Gods is a good coop vs ai to begin with). If a map pack was selected, pick one of the levels to play. They are meant to be played in order, starting from the top (1st one)
- Now, you either play the map by yourself (not intended, but possible. Also, it's harder), or wait for another human to join your hut, so that you can have a cooperative game.
- Alone or with a teammate, you can now launch the game.
- On the pre-game setup, enable Computer Players, and then Start the game.
- If the Coop vs AI campaign is launched with less humans than intended (which is still possible), the tribes that were supposed to be human will stay idle on the level.
- Do not enable map additions on coop vs AI levels, as it might lead to problems.
|Matchmaker:||Matchmaker • Enabling Beta • Coop vs AI • Submitting Maps • Ultimate Populous Guide|
|Map Making:||Creating a SP Level • Creating a MP Level • Making a Map|
|AI Scripting:||AI Scripting • Creating a SP Level|
|Mod Making:||Sprite Editing • Texture Editor • Tox Sprite Editor|
|Misc:||Installing a Campaign • Support|