Difference between revisions of "ToxSpriteEditor"
From Populous Wiki
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
<big>Download Toxicity's Populous Sprite Editor (v1.
<big>Download Toxicity's Populous Sprite Editor (v1..) [https://../Here].</big>
Latest revision as of 13:18, 21 February 2022
Populous Sprite Editor
Toxicity's Populous Sprite Editor is a program created by Toxicity (2020), and allows the user to import/export Populous sprites.
- Preview scaled sprites (slider) with nearest-neighbor interpolation.
- Export sprites as bitmaps (individually or in bulk).
- View offset, index, width, height and raw data of each sprite.
- From bitmaps of any width & height.
- Append or insert to an "existing" bank.
- Modify original sprites width & height.
- Preview color palette.
- Adjustable color key.
- Export to bitmap format.
Hover over an image and a tooltip will appear showing the highlighted pixel's values:
- Position (current width & height).
- RGB values.
- Index in the color palette.
- Right click to copy RGB values.
- 2 color slots (right/left click).
- Brush mode; paint individual pixels (r/l click).
- Color pick mode; copy RGB values from highlighted pixel (r/l click).
- CTRL + Z (undo).
- CTRL + Y (redo).
- Key B (brush mode).
- Key Y (color pick mode).
Sprite Sheet Manager:
- Generate sheets from frames.
- Parse & Split sheets to individual frames.
Usage is straight forward. The numbering (names) of the bitmaps is the order they'll be saved in, and any gaps in the numbering isn't a problem as the editor will renumber the files internally. Files that aren't bitmaps or bitmaps with letters in the name will be ignored.
- Download the latest release. (links at bottom of this page)
- Ensure pal.dat is located in the same folder as the software.
- Open a valid bank File -> Open from the game's data folder.
- Export all sprites within the bank File -> Export Sprites.
- Open the newly created folder output (editor folder), it should contain all saved sprites.
- Modify (resolution and/or colors), delete or add new bitmaps.
- Create a new bank from these bitmaps File -> Create Sprite Bank -> From Images.
- Replace the original game's sprite bank with the newly created one.
A valid sprite sheet has to abide by the following rules:
- Sprites can't touch corners or edges; ensure there's a space between of at least 1 pixel.
- New rows have to be separated by a pink continuous line.
- Background color has to be cyan. (RGB: 0, 255, 255)
- Color key color has to be pink. (RGB: 255, 0, 255)
PopSpriteEditor Copyright © 2020 Toksisitee. This program is distributed under the GNU GPLv3 license. See the LICENSE file for more details.
Download Toxicity's Populous Sprite Editor (v1.4.0) Here.
|Matchmaker:||Matchmaker • Enabling Beta • Coop vs AI • Submitting Maps • Ultimate Populous Guide|
|Map Making:||Creating a SP Level • Creating a MP Level • Making a Map|
|AI Scripting:||AI Scripting • Creating a SP Level|
|Mod Making:||Sprite Editing • Texture Editor • Tox Sprite Editor|
|Misc:||Installing a Campaign • Support|