From Populous Wiki(Redirected from Huts)
|Wood : 3|
|Area : 3 X 3|
Huts are very useful for followers. The breeding and upgrade rate is dependent on the number of followers you have in it, the more followers you have the faster it gets, all in all a hut may upgrade twice and hold up to five followers. Firewarriors placed in huts may fire out of it when enemies approach and your shaman may cast spells while in the hut too.
When hovering over huts to see how many followers are in it, there's two bars on the left (green and red). The green bar indicates how much progress there is for creating another brave. The red bar indicates the progress on upgrading the hut to the next stage.
The breeding rate of a hut is dependent on:
- The number of followers in the hut.
- It doesn't matter whether they are braves, a trained follower, or even your shaman; each counts the same.
- It seems (still to confirm) the rate is proportional to the number plus one, e.g. a hut with 3 occupants creates new braves twice as fast as a hut with 1 occupant and four times as fast as a hut with no occupants.
- Note that empty huts do still create new braves.
- The size of hut.
- Larger huts create new braves faster than smaller ones. (Even in respect to 'per occupant,' i.e. if two huts have the same number of occupants, the larger one creates new braves faster.)
- The total number of followers you have, (but not population limit).
- The larger your following, the slower all your huts create followers.
- This aspect is rather odd, though. The number of occupants dynamically affects the rate at which the green (breeding) bar fills (removing and adding occupants alters the rate,) as if each is contributing a supply of breeding units. However, the population seems to change how many breeding units are required to spawn a new follower and scales the bar accordingly, meaning you can sometimes observe the green bar taking a jump down when other huts create more followers or jumping up when a follower dies. (Unknown whether, when a jump up is enough to fill past the end of the bar, the extra is wrapped around to contribute to the next brave spawn or if it is lost.)
- It doesn't change at every single different population, but rather at discrete thresholds where the rate suddenly drops. (I'll be doing more tests to find all the thresholds and if there's a pattern, but, at the moment, I know that given a hut with 5 occupants, there is one rate for when the population is 5, then a different rate for when the population is 6-8, and another for when it's 9-19. And the thresholds may be different for different hut sizes and different numbers of occupants.)
Main article: Dismantle Trick
The dismantle trick is used to quickly gain extra braves without having to wait for the period of time it takes to produce one automatically.
Manually upgrading is a fast way to upgrade your small huts to the next stage. You can manually upgrade a hut by commanding a brave to pick up wood and place it on the hut entrance. The red bar should increase a notch. Note that a hut will never upgrade if there is a tree right next to the door.