From Populous Wiki
|Mana Required : 10,000|
|Shots : 4|
|Range : 8|
|Duration : 2 Minutes|
|Incantation : Shaman death|
Effects on Followers
When bloodlust is cast on a follower, they will be supercharged in many ways. All followers will become much faster, much stronger, and much tougher. Firewarriors are also able to shoot fireballs at twice the rate. The speed increase means that followers with bloodlust can run fast enough to attack a preacher before he can lull them into a trance. This spell can not be used on shamans or angels of death.
Normal attacks on followers will have little effect on the bloodlust followers. One warrior with bloodlust can easily take out 6 normal warriors, and a simple blast will barely cause a dent. A direct hit with lightning will kill these guys, as will knocking them into the water.
An interesting side effect of being extra strong is that an Angel of Death does not kill them when it attacks. The Angel will pick up the follower, but when it spits him him out again, the bloodlust follower will remain alive with some damage taken.
Effects on Shaman
Although the shaman is not able to be bloodlusted, having bloodlusted units (at least 1) patrolling a shaman (g) gives her bloodlust speed! (not as fast as a bloodlusted brave, but as fast as bloodlusted troops)
It also gives her bloody attack speed (and maybe damage?) if she melee fights close to a bloodlusted unit that was patrolling her.
How to kill bloodlusted units
- They die in melee combat, but will take very long. This might not be the best way to do it.
- Hypnotise them. Once they are converted to your side, they lose bloodlust effect, even after changing sides again.
- Light them. A direct lightning will kill any bloodlusted unit, even though it might be hard to hit, since they are extra fast.
- Water. Using spells, such as blast or lightning to throw them into water is usually the best option.
- Swamp them. They will simply die like any other unit.
|Standard Spells:||Burn • Blast • Convert • Swarm • Invisibility • Magical Shield • Landbridge • Lightning • Hypnotise • Tornado • Swamp • Flatten • Earthquake • Erode • Firestorm • Angel of Death • Volcano|
|Guest Spells:||Bloodlust • Teleport • Armageddon|
|Multiplayer Spells:||Ghost Army|
|Forge World Spells:||Flatten • Landbridge • Erode • Hill • Valley • Raise • Lower • Wildmen • Trees|